Thursday, April 14, 2011

Four More Games

Hi all,

Just on the drive home from Norfolk State University after crushing them by the mercy rule twice 12-3 and 9-0. They were not a very strong team.

We also won both of our games on Sunday at home against Charleston Southern University fairly convincingly.

We were supposed to be playing Georgetown University in Washington on Tuesday but were unfortunately cancelled due to rain. And it did rain hard all afternoon. However we have been rescheduled for tomorrow, so we will be heading up to Washington tomorrow morning for a double header. It's about a 3 hour drive so we'll be taking a big bus, not one of these small buses we are on now. Also one of my old bosses is now working at the Australian embassy in Washington and we are hoping he can come along to the games. Would be nice to see a familiar face.

So I am currently on the road on the way back from Norfolk State. I am able to use the Internet due to a small device called a MiFi. It is a personal Internet connection device that you have on you but it's not connected to anything. It sends out a small wifi signal that you can use to get the Internet on any device you have. My team member is using her computer and I am using my iPad! My new toy. My other new toy is my Bose noise cancelling headphones...oh my God!

Other than the above I have seen two movies: Hannah and Arthur. Both o.k but Arthur was very enjoyable. Hannah looked impressive but was ultimately disappointing. Although cate blanchett and Eric bannah were impressive.

I have also been working on a talk the school has asked me to do about the differences in culture between Australian and American sport. I was due to do it tomorrow but due to the games rescheduling, it will now be on the 26th.

I have also been working on a PowerPoint presentation to give to the team about routine in sport. I will blog more on the importance of routine another time.

That's it for now.

I'll check in again tomorrow on the way back from Georgetown.

Stay safe.

D

1 comment:

  1. Winners are grinners hey Damo?

    Just remember when u do your talk that Aussies play sports OTHER than AFL dude!!

    Best of luck in the talk. I know how shy and retiring a type you are, so take a deep breath and give it your best.

    ReplyDelete