Friday, May 06, 2011

Another week of full on Softball

Hi All,

Haven't written since Saturday as there has been little to tell yet lots and lots of softball.  Here is the weeks diary as well as next weeks schedule:

Sunday - 5pm - 5.30pm weights.  5.30 till 8pm team practice.
Monday - From 1pm until 7.30pm, each girl came for 1.5hrs for hitting practice.
Tuesday - From 12pm until 5pm, each girl had to find time to do weights for 30mins then came for 1.5hours of hitting and fielding practice.
Wednesday was the forced day off.
Thursday - From 12pm to 5.30pm, each girl came for 1.5hrs, they did conditioning,  fielding and then hitting.  Then they all had to come back at 5.30pm - 7.30pm for 2 hours of team practice.
Friday - We have team practice at 5.30 - 7pm.
Saturday - We play a double header at home starting at 12pm.
Sunday - We play a single game at 1pm.

This was meant to be the end of the season with everyone leaving school and heading their separate ways, including me beginning my visiting of friends, however the following has been added to our schedule as of Tuesday evening.
Monday - We depart Farmville at 0615am for a 3.5 hr drive to North Carolina for a double header.  When that game is finished, we drive down to Georgia to stay the night, about a 4 hour drive.
Tuesday - We will most likely practice.
Wednesday - We play a double header against probably the best team in the country, University of Georgia.  Once that game is finished, we begin a 7.5 hour drive back to Farmville arriving about 12am.

If this seems too much, consider that this week is final exam week as well and most of the girls have up 5 exams each this week.  Some of the girls have had to come and practice at 1pm with exams at 3pm.  I believe this is over the top.  But that is all I will say in this domain.
As for me, when we return from Georgia, that will be it for me in Farmville.  I will get some sleep and then hire a car and drive the 5 hours up to my friends in Moorsetown NJ, just outside of Philadephia.  I will then try to do my best to see everyone before heading home on Wednesday 18 May.

Just for some fun, our athletic trainer bought in her new puppy today so I thought I would show you some photos of her.  I just LOVE dogs and puppies :-)  Her name is Catcher and she is 6 weeks old.  She is a mix of a chocolate and white Labrador :-)  Isn't she soooooo cute? :-)

See you all soon.

D





No comments:

Post a Comment